Washington Personal Injury Attorney
click here to be instantly connected to a Personal Injury Lawyer click here to see our Personal Injury Blog

How do you value your case?

No amount of money can put you back in the position you were prior to the accident.  The law, however, attempts to make the injured person whole by monetary damages.  The injured person is entitled to two kinds of damages:

a.  medical bills
b.  wage loss
c.  future medical bills and wage loss
d.  household services
e.  mileage
2.  General Damages
a.  pain and suffering
b.  loss of enjoyment of life
c.  mental anguish
d.  emotional distress
e.  loss of consortium

While special damages are fairly easy to calculate, how do we value your pain and suffering?  How can we accurately put a figure on the loss of your enjoyment of life?  Historically, attorneys, insurance adjusters, and arbitrators have used a basic general formula of taking the medical specials and multiplying them by 3 or 5 depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding a case.  Now, most insurance adjusters will deny use of any formula, but arbitration awards seem to suggest it is a fair and somewhat sensible approach in valuing general damages.

Posted By Park Chenaur on April 26, 2010 08:43 pm | Permalink 
Attorney Web Design The information on this Federal Way, Washington Personal Injury Attorneys / Law Firm website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Address: 2505 S. 320th St., Ste 100 Federal Way, WA 98003    Phone: (253) 839-9440